Monday, February 16, 2009

where have I been??

well, its been a crazy couple weeks since we've been home. i'm feeling very neglectful of my blog but that's just the way things go sometimes!

its been a series of road trips for me since the beginning of february, and my work life has been in overdrive due to deadlines that needed to be made by this past friday. i've travelled a good chunk of southern alberta. where exactly?

i've been to the following places:

brooks, medicine hat, taber, lethbridge, picture butte, calgary (multiple times!!), crossfield, carstairs, didsbury, olds, sundre, rocky mtn house, innisfail, sylvan lake, red deer, stettler, three hills, drumheller, and of course, home - in strathmore. and phone calls placed to okotoks, high river, canmore, and golden, bc.

and this week i'm in the city, but heading out to montreal on friday to spend the weekend with my aunt and uncle before our work conference in mont-tremblant on tuesday and wednesday of next week. i'll be returning home on thursday the 26th.

i'm looking forward to going east, the last time was a high school trip when i was in grade 11. we may even go to ottawa for a day to visit my cousins there. i've never been there!

our house is plodding along... we're hoping the backfill will go in to the foundation area this week so we can get things moving. we did a little hunting this weekend, for fireplace and kitchen cabinets. there are 2 cabinet people in the running at the moment, and we should have estimates sometime in the next week or so.

in other news, my parents are enjoying their stay in puerto penasco. we've had a couple brief, garbly phone calls in the last couple weeks. internet is not widely available there, so a good connection is tough to find. i think they'll be home sometime toward the end of march.

we've booked our easter trip to great falls, mt, to go shopping. my sister expressed her desire to go for the weekend as well, and we're hoping our parents will join us as well. we enjoy going down there, and there are always deals to be had for shopping.

finally got ds2's glasses dealt with: what a fiasco! the first pair were broken in less than 24 hours. and we didn't get the next pair for another week after. the good thing was they deemed the breakage as a manufacturing defect, so we didn't need to pay for the second ones. and with no insurance for eye care, it would have been a bummer to have to pay again.

yes, my life has been just a little bit crazy.

so here's a pic for ya... i'm trying to keep up with my 365 project, but i'm not beating myself up for it either!! i needed ds2 to show me his new specs on his face considering i didn't get a pic of the first ones.



have a happy family day or president's day wherever your travels take you! (mine are taking me to work)

3 comments:

MonaS! said...

wow - sounds like you've been crazy busy! Enjoy Montreal!

Rosalie said...

Julie, something up with my blog so couldn't reply to your post question about the March crop. I was planning on going but with dd wedding coming up I had to cancel as its costing me a pretty penny!

lacintha said...

Wow Julie...you've been B-U-S-Y!!!!
Thanks for the bloggity visit, and have an awsome weekend :)